The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, June 1, 2012

Love

idk ~ from Pinterest
light resurgent in a blue moon sky ... the sun sets passing a lighted baton to the night
that's what these sun pillars  seem to me 

" ... We begin to know that love is here and now, real and true, the most important thing in our lives. For love is the creator of our favorite memories, and the foundation of our fondest dreams. Love is a promise that is always kept, a fortune that can never be spent, a seed that can flourish in even the most unlikely of places. And this radiance that never fades, this mysterious and magical joy, is the greatest treasure of all -- one known only by those who love." ~ anonymous

I've been thinking about these words for a while now.  Don't know how I happened upon them, usually I try to keep up with where words I want to think about come from ... hmmm.  "searching" the words rendered this site of loveliness ... sweet thoughts and something I may have to look at a bit further, Paul Newman's words to his wife on his wedding day may have originated with Wilferd Arian Peterson ( the essay was read at Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward's Las Vegas wedding ceremony in 1958) ... well, there you go. Excellent choice.

LOVE
I'm wondering if it's just girly (like me) to think that love may in fact be the most important thing in our lives.  I am certain that love has been present in each of my favorite memories, and that the saddest, most difficult, of my memories have love being lost or at very least diminished ... unloving, unraveling love.  I have been intentionally less loving, less open to both giving and receiving love, because of ... being surprised by unloving.  
"...  Love is a promise that is always kept, a fortune that can never be spent, a seed that can flourish in even the most unlikely of places."  I disagree with this line ... promise always kept ... fortune that can never be spent.  Nice words, but ... well, I wish they could be true, just think it's unrealistic to count on it.  The last bit though ... a seed that can flourish in even the most unlikely of places ... in my experience this is true.  

I think to love ... it's gotta be the most important thing.  To love and to let one's self  be loved.  Yeah, I know it's a no brainer, but it's just as easy to see that everyone is skittish about love ... and there's a lot of not love going around.  Love is not as easy as it should be.
For every worm beneath the moon
Draws different threads, and late and soon
Spins, toiling out his own cocoon.
~ TENNYSON ~ The Two Voices

No comments: