The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, July 27, 2012



  • 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
  • light rum
  • coconut rum
  • kahlua
  • Bacardi 151
Mix equal parts light rum, coconut rum and kahlua.  For each drink, take 2 oz. of that mixture and blend it with the ice cream.  Put into a glass and  top with a generous splash of the Bacardi 151.  Swirl the 151 into the drink very lightly, and top with a cherry (or a dusting of cocoa powder, or cinnamon or nutmeg).
and ... this is where it's found ... we're not there yet ... a blog that I think I am going to really enjoy.  Ds set this recipe along because ... hmmm ... why?  Probably the drinks name ... Alabama Bush Wacker.  I will have to ponder the implications there ... ice cream ... a delicious forbidden yumminess infused with four types of alcohol.  I would probably get whacked on this.  I don't even want to think about it which is why I posted the pic and ingredient list right here I guess.  
Hey Ds, does this presentation remind you of street margaritas in Mexico?  Yes ... we survived our youth and may now taunt one another!  Will let you know how this goes ... and thanks for the pointer to my vicarious trek about.  LY (I absolutely do).


I thought it would be fun to sit outside and watch the stormy weather roll in while we enjoyed these delicious cocktails ... music via the iPad ... but, not so much.  It was .. too muggy ... this didn't taste enough like the cocktail ... movie night but no movie to see ... it was pretty much a no start, but definitely over for me when the question of how many calories did I estimate would be in this concoction.  Too many.  Too many things not Friday night.

No comments: