The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

perspective

 This is what I am thinking about painting next ... Two said she doesn't particularly  like this image, but I do.  I like it a lot.  Here's what I think of when I look at this ...

The blue is a place the white defines it as a "sky" place.  When I see the sky, I see myself there ... it is one of the places I like to be because I feel how I like to feel when I am there.  And, it's very easy for me to get there even when I am on the ground.
I really love that we are flying through space and time on a tiny speck of spinning dust ... I love that the dust of us is made possible by a very thin blanket of blue ... and white.   I love that our blue looks like forever from pretty much anywhere any of us can get to ... I think it's pretty neat that a parcel of "transparent" looks like solid blue when it's over there ... I like the invisible life of it ... moving on tiny puffs of heat radiated from our sun way back in a time we can only pretend to know ... what do we know ... today's weather, my little perspective of "how's my day" brought to me via the heat of an old fiery sphere ... it may be more then just whimsy to say the overcast today was predetermined before time as I know it began.  So ... this sky and this weather are "givens" ... and, it looks like it should be a pretty good day ... blue skies, smiling' on me, nothing but blue skies do I see ...

... sorry Ella, that's Willie's song now ... nothing but bluebirds

And then (back to the picture) you have the space, your skyspace, clearly defined ... and then something unexpected, unaccounted for, something extraordinary ... blows through (motivated by an energy all it's own, and constraints which keep it on track as it transition your space) ... in this case a jet ... and not just any jet, that jet ... that jet, at that time, at that place, and it had to be that jet, cause the contrail it painted is specially it's own ... as it paints a line in your space (borrowed space ... passing through space, my air "helps" it along ... there is a synergy).  I laugh to see this image.  What exactly was going on there?  The contrail is just a tad ... surprised too ... not a straight uninterrupted line as they frequently are ... this one line has a few starts and stops ... it wavers briefly here and there as it transitions the space.  That white "line" represents a soul, or many souls if you prefer, moving through your space and time ... my "weather" tweaked the line.   That soul(s) touched my space ... and the picture of it was changed right?  Something was left behind ... for me ... a smile.  The sky, my sky, became more interesting ... more beautiful.  
Umm ... I like in this image that you have to think about the relationship of the contrail (the evidence of the silent jet too far away to even truly see it's colors), a little wispy visual of what passed through, climbing from this lush smooth air to that air which better accommodates excellent performance ... that airplane was designed for altitude ... for blue.  Looks like he's headed straight up, doesn't it ... but, that is not possible.  
For me ... this image ... cropped as I chose to crop it ... how I want to see it ... is all about perspective.




see ... iPhone quickly captured this image for me ... from the jeep ... this image is both more and less then how I want to see this.

When I paint a picture I write a quote on the backside where the canvas wraps over the frame.  On this one, I will write: 

"Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to a new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same."
~Flavia Weedn 

Saved with some companion quotes here ... wish I had room to write them all cause I like them together ... the contrail line is this quote though.  Not crazy about this picture from the ground so ... I chose what I want to see of it and what I want to see of what I look at.  I bring my perspective to my space.

I am busy trying to reboot this week ... I am feeling a sort of a malaise ... a spirit numbing, finger drumming ennui ... probably just tired.  
And this ... somethings are true which never happened ... attributed to Elie Wiesel ... that plane has nothing to do with me ... from the perspective of those on board ... none of what I saw really happened.  I kinda love that too. They are looking at something entirely else ... couldn't have possibly seen me smile and wave.

Perspective ... 
  • technique of depicting volumes and spatial relationships on a flat surface. Compare aerial perspectivelinear perspective.
  • the state of one's ideas, the facts known to one





No comments: