The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Visit to the AME ... check ... good to go for another couple of years

FIRC ... decided when and where ... and how ... I want to do it.  This first time I am going to go in to town and treat myself to a couple of days away ... It was tempting to enroll in an online option because you pay once and can repeat every two years if you want to for free ... I should do that, but ... I think a few days in a large town will be just the thing for me.  I may be a city girl at heart ... maybe not, idk, but I don't get in to town often enough.

I need to order a CAP shirt for CAP flying.  It seems like a lot of stuff has to happen just so for CAP programs.  It really does seem like a little club with uniforms and special events and maybe even a secret handshake ... . I hope I am not setting them up for a disappointment ... I'd like to fly the cadets as much as they would like for me to, happy to work with the local scout troops, happy to help out with community service rides or even otherwise ... I would do some missions if they really needed pilot help ... search and rescue ... no problem happy to accommodate ... well, I'd be very happy to help with most anything they might need as long as it's kinda here locally.  Seems like these guys go to National Conventions and dress up like Air Force guys ... in dress blues ... I just can't see myself that in to something ... I like to wear pretty dresses and high heels to parties.  The head guy here said my black ropers might not be good enough for the uniform ... well, he didn't even know what ropers are ... that's it ... I might not fit within the culture ... I mean, if it's military, I should get to have a gun or some awesome welcome aboard token like that ... real stuff.  I'm kinda teasing, but ... I would truly feel bad if my proclivity towards anti-authority rubbed anyone wrong.  I can be respectful of the rules that I agree to, but ... seriously ... my feet may not know how to fly in anything other then my little cowboy boots ... I'm sure the VANs are totally out of the question.

House re-financing project this week ... has been excellent ... the ball is rolling on that.  Will spend the day running the pickup shuttle for my little campers tomorrow and Monday ... Moms stay busy.  A few days to myself will rock.

No comments: