The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

While weeding I discovered that the local rabbit population is eating my begonias
these transplanted from the ground to a pot on the front porch
the nightlife around here must be really something!
Today will be a good day to catch up on tending the front flower beds ... at least those nearest to the door.   D's husband is in the hospital with heart concerns ... I wishwishwish I could be with her today.  Last night she was actually comforting me about my concerns for him and her... that is what she does, and she will spend today taking care of the people around her ...  I would like to help create a little needed space around her today.  Even very strong women need a moment occasionally.

Today I will wrap up the "looking an home insurance" which turned in to auto insurance too.  Insurance companies like to bundle.  Here's what I found out ... not everyone is offering comparable service/product for the same amount of money.  My top three are actually quite divergent in both quadrants.  The best package is actually being offered for the least amount of money ... today I am researching the stability of that company ... a National name product.  Our car insurance has been with USAA forever ... before me forever.  Turns out, not shopping your insurance may be costly.  I am thinking of the policy as a contract rather then as a relationship.  Some companies reward good driving records by lowering deductibles for example ... that seems better then friendly to me. Anyway ... I'll have this ready for discussion this evening.  Husband has already asked me to look another financial decision that we may want to tweak.   He likes that I like doing this for our family.  This is exactly the sort of thing I like doing ... quantifying exactly what we have and researching options for making that better.   I really think some financial decisions should be routinely reassessed ... life just stays very busy.  One of my friends back in the day kept a calendar of things which should be considered yearly ... like when is the best time of year to purchase a new car ... or white sales ... super smart ... February was love month ... I think she bought all the cards that would be sent out for birthdays etc. during February ... stuff like that.  I sure would like to see how all that evolved.  They had a standard monthly dinner menu based on seasonal trends!  Wow ... I had forgotten about all that.

Here's what I'm thinking about:


Herb house ... I can start this with the boxes!  This is the sort of thing my dad built in our back yard.  I had zero interest in gardening back then, but I thought his little houses were ingenious.  Love this.

Also ... think this is fabulous ... and I'm pretty sure I will make this.   I guess getting out my sewing machine comes next, after the chair and ottoman are complete.  It is nice to have the time to make my stuff how I want it to be.  This is possible more rewarding then teaching 20 year olds how to fly.  The CAP stuff may be enough.



No comments: