The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, July 21, 2012

86/1000 sunflowers and friends




Plants grow new cells in spirals, such as this pattern of seeds in the beautiful sunflower.
The spiral happens naturally because each new cell is formed after a turn.
My religion consists of a humble admiration
 of the illimitable superior spirit who 
reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive 
with our frail and feeble mind. ~ Albert Einstein

Thinking of my best old friend ... sunflowers always remind me of her ... and there is something very friendly about a sunflower and it's humble demonstration of interconnectedness.  I have heard of things spiraling out of control, and I know my friend is having a very difficult time of late. What if it's really spiraling within control? I'm thinking about how precisely ordered these little spirals truly are.  I like it that we can see the sequence ... these slightest details.
I like it that things are safe in God's hands ... did his breathe blow this structure in to place?  Did he stir it with his little finger? No telling what a whole hand might accomplish.  
Shhhh ... everything is okay kay.  This is just a turn. Something new wants to happen. 

No comments: