The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, July 30, 2012


Reading this:  we're not there yet ...
The Alabama bushwhacker was an 80 dollar fail ... have to say I do like coconut infused rum, and the Bacardi 151 ... comes with a warning : flammable.  I'm thinking, doesn't anyone capable of reading the label already know that alcohol is flammable ... maybe even in more then simply the most obvious of ways.  All this to say ... that 151 is delicious too.  Maybe I like rum ... who knew?  I have studiously avoided umbrella drinks ... now I wonder what the occasional splash of fruit juice would hurt.

Yesterday (sermon notes to follow ... I obviously need to review those as often as possible) the preacher said what the parents enjoy in moderation the children will indulge to their ruin. Scary words ... of course I thought of the devil's brew ... . Well, everybody has their opinions about ... pretty much everything ... so far so good with all the older children though (knock on wood).

So ... back to that little blog.  These guys have edited their lives back to a point where what they have may be carried on two bicycles and where they are going is where the day takes them ... one, educated to earn a living as a big city (yeah ... maybe headed towards slick) attorney the other ... as yet undisclosed (I think I am in the first couple of weeks out on the road and I think they intend to pedal their way to Central America ... I jumped ahead in the recipe section and found them somewhere in Mexico) ... yeah ... the other I think cooks because of the very specific culinary curiosity.  This morning I read about a roll stuffed with fried pig skin ... from the chapel of baked delights ...  it must have been fabulously inspiring, because today (that day) they became engaged. Crackin's ... who knew? So ... I thought I was reading a sleep eat pedal post sort of thing ... but now, personalities begin to emerge.  One is up for it ... whatever it is ... one would like to plan some of the its ... the photography is light filled and expansive ... .

Last night I read a couple of days worth in bed ... and I said to L ... this is just great ... we could do something like this ... just a couple hours earlier we had shared the road with a couple on a big bike, snuggled in together, they appeared to me to be less on their way to somewhere, more just right there ... together.  I liked seeing them.  At a stop light on the way through one of those sleepy Southern towns, they pulled along side us.  Both smiled over and their happy faces crinkled my eyes ... L said they sure were playing their music loud ... several miles back I had said that I'd read somewhere that you can get intercom to make communications pleasant and ... even a little heating boost that somehow plugs in to the bike for comfort on a cold day.  I like that couples can be together zooming through their own air.  Or, as these kids are blogging ... meandering towards something ... becoming more together.  All good.  I seem to be spending a good bit of my time thinking about together ... both together with God and together with my husband.  Souls seek together I think.  Snuggled in is a worthy destination.

We could do something like that I said as I turned off the lamp.  He said ... We are in no shape for that ... how about a loop around the neighborhood and we sleep in our own bed every night.  It makes me laugh. I know I will do something like that some day ... seeing the coastline may be even more appealing then walking the trail ... these bike bloggers are definitely on to something ... camping out some, bread and breakfasts and hot showers some ... interesting food everyday ...wonder filled things to see ... it's really good.  Maybe my buddy will get used to the idea of something like this eventually ... I am working on it.

Dropped C off for another week of helping out at camp ... she is life-guarding this week ... last week while here at home, she got to participate as a judge at the State dive meet ... very cool.  L and I drove on, in to town, to confirm the color and comfort of the dining room chairs I am saving up for ... and ... we sat on our favorite sofa and looked at the coffee table which inspired the one I want to have crafted by a local welder.  L likes the table well enough, but he doesn't believe the craftsmanship  can be reproduced.  He may be correct.  Industrial furniture (like everything else I think) is about attention to the details ... otherwise you get ... junk that nicks the knees of the uninitiated.  I am willing to spent a hundred bucks on a frame that might be exactly what I want ... and/or, I am willing to work towards a plan B.  That sofa ... rocks ... it is as deep as a twin bed ... and long, I love the leather wrapped luxurious comfiness of it ... too big a scale for any of the rooms in our house, but absolutely a perfect piece for somewhere.  At least the chairs passed the scratch and sniff test ... . He offered a Starbucks stop, which was tempting, but I know we would get to the counter and I would be the only one asking for a treat.  It was a gracious offer, but when I suggested browsing through FreshMarket instead, he was amiable ... we found fresh ripe peaches, salty cashews and those little sesame crunchy things I like so much ... I was really happy to see that he picked up two huge bottles of ice cold water while I was visiting with the fresh sushi (too much food for one person ... I passed).   Perfect car picnic for the ride home.

So ... today ... menu/grocery list planning ... time to empty the pantry and make sure everything goes back in shipshape ... that wipe the walls with bleach water sort of thing.  This week I'll work on the yellow ottoman and I hope to paint the foyer and hall on Thursday and Friday.  I'm going to do a horizontal tone on tone stripe ... 2 gloss and 3 matte.  It makes me smile to think of how perfect its going to be ... like the ceiling in the living room where I'm sitting.  I tilted my head back and looked up ... my ceiling looks like a bucket of milk where the cream has floated deliciousness to the top.  I'll be applying  the ceiling color on the wall through the doorway ... they are very close to the same color, but different I think.  The ceiling in that space is a very light grayish sea salt color.
*picture ... gun metal grey bucket, fresh white milk, thick cream ... the cream floats to the top.


No comments: