The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, July 12, 2012


the view from my front porch/coffee spot this morning ... fresh pine straw and rain

Last night I dreamed that I was running the vacuum cleaner on the grass next to the side walk where I was working yesterday.
In the dream, I looked back at the house to see the cord coming from the front porch outlet (I wondered why don't I unplug this nonsense ... and how securely is it plugged in? ... I felt like I was dragging the cord through the shrubs, tearing them up) and I looked down at the dry bits of grass which had fallen from the lawn mower bag ... I felt self-conscious ... like ... this is totally wrong.  
Lol!  I don't even own a vacuum cleaner ... and ... I can't imagine practicing this level of persnickety.  I think it's interesting that I was editing the behavior in the dream ... like, what in the world am I doing?  

Yesterday Two asked me if I could remember any of my dreams of late ... I think I see why I'm forgetting them ... I'm going to go to that dream dictionary site and see what the images interpret as ... 

Running a Vacuum cleaner :
To dream that you are vacuuming signifies a loss of control. You feel that you are being sucked up by some problem. Alternatively, the dream represents your desires to keep up appearances. Things may look fine on the surface, but some problem still persists underneath.

Cord
To see cords in your dream symbolize a lack in independence in a situation or relationship. You are feeling restricted or tied down. If the cord is being cut, then it indicates that you are breaking those relationships that have held you back.
Grass
To see green grass in your dream suggests that there is a part of yourself that you can always rely on.  (I was vacuuming dead/dry clippings off of the green grass)

I do feel sucked up with all the relationship dynamics in my life ... and I am looking for construction ways to help things towards better.  That dream dictionary is interesting.  Here's their intro:  Symbols are the language of dreams. A symbol can invoke a feeling or an idea and often has a much more profound and deeper meaning that any one word can convey. 


No comments: