The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, July 5, 2012

this ... is one of ... those days ...

I just want to take the day off.
It feels like one of those lazy summer days.
I walk through my house and I see several things that want to be done ... a few which must be ... .  I bought a new mop and some of that Murphy's Oil Soap which I love the clean smell of.  Yeah, I should mop all the wood floors today, and the kitchen.  And ... I should wipe the stainless steel appliances with those neat little stainless wipies.  Dishwasher has to be unloaded, doesn't do that all by itself ... lol.  I still have not steamed the folds out of the living room drapes ... and ... I have a pot at the studio wrapped up to keep it moist enough for the design I want to carve into it before it's fired for the first time.  I do like that pottery stuff, pretty much.  Have also decided to sand that sea glass paint off of that chest of drawers that won't be going to the beach anytime soon.  Yeah, I loved the sun light sparking through those new glass pulls ... then I moved it out of the light, because it picked at me ... change of plans type picks ... life type picks.  Now ... after looking locally for upholstery fabric for those two pieces, and not finding "it" ... I have purchased a can of Minwax water based wood stain ... Antique Jade (and a plan to shop for fabric in the big city, next camp drop off run ... ).  I think it will be just the right product and color for a chest that wants to be back where the sun shines.  It is going to rock!  Trial run on the last chair hanging on a wall in the garage ... if I do this less interesting stuff, maybe I can squeeze that in as a reward ... early release for good behavior.  So ... I can't go do pottery because I have too much home stuff to do, and I can't do fun home stuff because I have too much not fun stuff to do ... so ... which Pandora station is going to make this work for me? ... gonna havetah jack it up some ... it's gonna take some serious guitar ... .

No comments: