The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, July 20, 2012



 railroad trestle over the Coosa River
 cotton
 hay
 the mantel in the den ... back together because the ceiling is completely back together ... yeah!
the brooklyn home company

I really enjoyed today ... it was a long day, beginning with the appraiser showing up before the first cup of coffee became a second one.  I had been up for a while doing that last minute stuff one does before a stranger shows up to open doors and  ... appraise.  The new multipurpose cleaner packs a punch ... wow ... here we are 16 hours later and I still smell the fresh fresh so clean clean of it! ... Candle lit ... I love that candle smell.  So ... up to pick up V.  There are so many really neat things to see on the drive. Each time I try to remind myself to leave earlier and feel free to stop for the pictures.  Today I missed the stacks of trees at ... maybe it is a paper mill, I don't know, but the trees are stacked stories high and maybe they shred all of them ... I need to find out more about that operation.  It always amazes me to see the forest of trees, laying down, stacked like match sticks on my Dad's poker table.  I'll stop for that one when I head back up that way on Monday.  There are three chimneys ... huge stacks ... on the river as I come over one of the bridges ... I'll have to snap that one from the car like I did the railroad bridge  this morning  it reminds me of a song and of a girl I met at Girl's State back when I was 16 ... she said the only thing to do in the sleepy little town she was from was done from the train bridge ... this song ... I wasn't thinking about that until now, kinda cool that I have a pretty shot of cotton and bales of hay to go with it.
Happened on to the Brooklyn Home Company site this morning ... really enjoy seeing their work ... I like the joinery on this bed ... I like the work in their portfolio ... cool small spaces.  Also today ... more interesting art from Olga Ziemska

Inspired by the natural spectacle of the northern lights, The light which can be heard... incorporates 13,610 acrylic hemispheres containing unique photographic images from a decade of KSU's dance, music and theatre performances.

Looked at several of her creations this morning while the house was being appraised ... lotsa good going on there.  Besides the wonderful willow woman I especially loved an entry way ... which I will search for again ... it was ... just right.  I wish this work inspired by the Northern Lights could be where the Lights are ... nice At Kent State and very dancerful, but ... well, I've never seen the Aurora Borealis, but I think it would recognize this ... if that were possible ... this is  beautiful.


What else ... nice to have the den put back together.  I hope the ottoman fabric will be delivered tomorrow ... still looking for just the right fabric for my rocker cushion ... .


Another Brooklyn Home Company image ... I really like the way the rails join at the top ... L says he will help me build a bed frame similar to this from lumber on our property ... I won't do a wiggly post, but this is a great inspiration piece. They really do neat spaces ... .


Tomorrow ... vegetable garden trellis building.  I am exhausted tonight!

3 comments:

John Venlet said...

DeAnn, there is something about rolled bales of hay, standing sentinel like in a field, which just appeal to the eyes of many people. Driving through MI farm country, yesterday, I passed at least a half-a-dozen such scenes, and each one, though similar, had its own peculiar appeal.

Will be looking for the "stacks of trees" photo you're hoping to take.

DeAnn said...

It would be neat to see pictures from up that way ... Steelcase flew me in to Grand Rapids for a few days ... our host, who was a friend, was raised up there and gave me a tour ... limited to some very high end looking real estate. We were treated to the best steak I have ever eaten ... sad comment for a Texan to make! I was impressed at the size of Lake Michigan. Seems like there are so many wonderful things to see in our country. Alabama is unrelentingly green. I have enjoyed comparing what I see here with what I am more accustomed to from Texas and SW ... cultural is is very different too ... and yet the hay bales resonate. The cotton grows much higher here too (the insects are a lot bigger in Texas!) You'll be surprised at the quantity of trees getting ready to become paper ... I'll definitely stop for some photos.

John Venlet said...

It's nice that you've had a taste of GR. There is much more to it than high end houses. It's a fine medium size town with a certain small town appeal.

Lake MI is lovely, as are all the lakes, though Lake Superior has that wild edge to it which, I think, adds to its personality.