The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, July 9, 2012

Note on Lewis and Clark stuff

each of these is about the size of my fist x 6
Lewis and Clark, hunting and recipes from the trail  says these guys ate 9 pounds of meat per day ... is that even possible?  I'm thinking about it, and I'm going to have to ask the meat counter guy to stack up 9 pounds of steak for me to see what that look like.

2 comments:

John Venlet said...

DeAnn, I've not attempted to ingest 9 pounds of meat in one day, but when you consider the nature of Lewis and Clark's adventure, and if you've read their journals, you'll know that eating 9 pounds of meat per day is possible. Those men were burning major calories every day.

DeAnn said...

I know ... And this was "real" high density wild range-ing meat ... Not the stuff we're used to. I don't doubt the record keeping ... And you're sure right about the calorie demands ...

This was such an impressive, truly beautiful demonstration of what I would like to think of as our genetic heritage.

Looking everywhere for where this type drive is expressing itself currently ... .