The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Sunday, July 8, 2012

This is what I'm working on pottery-wise right now. This bowl had dried to the point where I could carve little curling lines in to it, some are deeper, others less so.  Trying to figure out how to get something which can be seen under a glaze.  I'm going to use turquoise on the inside and for about the  top two fifths of the outside, excluding where I will wax the rim before applying glaze then I'm going to paint the bottom green peridot and let it run into the turquoise. I'll splash some inside the pot too.  When the bowl is flipped right side up I hope the glaze will appear to be embracing the clay.  Some of the etching will be accented with iron oxide ... experiments.  It's fun ... bunches of fun.

No comments: