The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, October 15, 2010

Last night I finished the stage two material in ground. Weather was graciously taught for me while I was away for a couple of weeks ... I like weather and enjoy teaching it. The students said it was boring ... what do they expect? I told them that we would revisit boring after we finish a couple of nights on the regs. I told them that they need to arm themselves with the knowledge to protect these careers they are beginning to invest in. "What kind of car will $50,000.00 buy?" I asked. That is an approximation of what they will spend through their commercial certificate ... it's realistic, not high! I told them that not knowing how to protect themselves is as bad as knowing and just not doing ... . Enough of that. Pilots do a lot of things they may rather not for the privilege of flying ... the costs can be staggering.

I spent four hours this morning organizing and preparing certification sheets and homework for the 25 I have in ground this semester. They have a stage test coming up on Tuesday and I will be away again on Thursday. I really hope the guy who is kindly subbing in for me is as enthusiastic about performance stuff as I am. It's probably my favorite lecture of the semester. They bring their nice new (clean) PIMs in and for the very first time start looking at section five. Lights come on.



Corney - I know. This is a picture of a beautiful huge hand blown light bulb.

Tonight I am going to see RED - the movie. I have been looking forward to it. It's time for me to start getting things ready for my check ride next week. I'm looking forward to having this stack of books off the dining room table. As much as I love them ... yeah, I do ... they are creating a bigger mess then they should.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My light bulb is the size of a Christmas tree bulb.

DeAnn said...

Haha ... That seems to be working for you!