The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Test for my ground school guys tonight.One student stayed late to talk. The material is coming at him too fast. He's up at 5:30 every morning. I can see that he is exhausted by time he gets to me. He's putting himself through school. He is unable to keep up with the reading for this class ... there's got to be another way for a kid like that. I think he works hard. I think he has the capacity for this. He flys on Sunday - he said he never has a day off to just catch up. He is sliding behind. I want him to do well. I want all of them to do well.

My brother called just before I went in to my class. Our mother had surgery today. They removed a third of her colon and her gall bladder because they found cancer. I haven't had time to process this yet. My mother has always been a major health ... good nutrition has been her hobby. I am stunned that she had cancer in her body. I'll put it away for a few days and think about it on Saturday. This can keep for a few days. I'm really glad my brother is with her. That's the best case under any circumstances.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Prayers are with you...