The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Sunday, October 24, 2010


What a wonderful carefree day. I really look forward to Sunday lunches, but today was just exceptional. I haven't unpacked my books yet. I've pulled just a few items out of my suitcase. Slept late ... no make up today. I haven't been out of the house ... if the step out on to the back porch doesn't count ... my dog came in looking for me. Believe it or not, I feel younger. Really! Talked to my oldest friend on the drive home from ATL. I told her that I am so relieved to have this completed ... this is the last big project for me I said ... make me promise! She just laughed. After lunch today everybody scattered and I went to my room to take a nap. Sunday afternoon quiet time for mom has been one of my favorite long-standing traditions. I laid in bed and dozed and read pretty much all afternoon. I rubbed the soles of my feet back and forth across my sheets. My feet like that almost as much as they like walking along the beach in and out of the saltwater. I am thinking about that Aveda day ... I'll call them tomorrow to see when we can schedule. I've been saying I would relearn Spanish. I already have the app! Maybe it's time for me to try to rebuild up to that five miles a day that I did for so long before I broke my ankle ... maybe start by starting! My refrigerator is out of sorts with stuff pushed to the back and several bottles of orange juice in different stages of empty ... but not a stick of butter to be found. There is dust on the lamp bases in the den. I don't have to look the other way on that tomorrow ... I can spray and wipe my way to domestic nirvana. I'm going to do some ironing now.

No comments: