The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Wednesday night. I did the mock oral today with minimum brain freeze. I was missing a couple of books that might have made things smoother because I left them back in the hotel room. We didn't get very far into the PTS, the instructor was distracted by the arrival of the new guy. New guy seems very much like a regular guy. They stepped out to do some mysterious male bonding ritual and I went to Moe's - where everyone is always welcome. Lunch was a pick up and return to the airport sort of deal, but we never resumed my oral test prep. I think it'll be okay - I get the picture of how it will go. I've sat in similar seats before as I've worked my way through the process. My husband reminded me that I've been working towards this for many many years now. We flew this afternoon - 2.7. PDK over to FTY then up to VPC before returning back to PDK. The controller put me on a right downwind for 34 - to follow an experimental. We looked and looked but didn't see it. As I was turning base and still looking the controller directed me to extend my downwind ... to accommodate traffic working ... yeah, I see the biz jet on final to a intersecting runway. She calls my base and clears me to land behind the experimental four mile final. Hmmm. Really big hmmmm. Uh, tower there is no one between 123ME and 34. Then I see them. They are perpendicular to the runway, blasting through my glide path at a 90 degree angle teed up on some inexplicable entry to an entirely different runway ... the one that that little jet is probably clearing just about now. I watch them incredulous that they are now overshooting a very tight final to 2R when I hear tower clear them to land and tell me to prepare to go-round. No kidding, or something like that, I think. I'm watchin' them ... "come on get off my runway ... there's still time if they'll just not daddle" I'm thinking as I prepare to be elsewhere. They actually turned off their (amended) runway and began to taxi on my freaking runway. Full throttle. Tower says 12YOU go around and make left traffic for 34. It was a long day. Tonight I had just enough energy to finish the other half (H's half) of that cheesecake while I adjusted the hot water level in the bath with my foot and read some fun stuff. I fell asleep.
As I type this up, I've polished off one of those Green Goodness fruit smoothies from Bolthouse Farms - w a y more delicious than green drinks are supposed to be! Tonight, I am tired. I have a few little things to tend to, but they will wait for tomorrow. Tonight I am going to sleep. Tomorrow I will organize my notebooks and my paperwork and fly some unusual attitudes and basic instrument whohah. Friday I need to pick up something that belongs to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Friday... Yours for the taking, I'm sure.

DeAnn said...

Equipment aggravations! Slide forward two weeks and miss turn ... It's "chutes and ladders" General Aviation style. I'm looking forward to the 22 Oct. Thank you for the kind words!