The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, October 29, 2010


... On the table today - in honor of Two's birthday.
Yesterday I did accomplish everything on my check list ...paper work for ground school wasn't completed, but I did get to that place. Twenty five more pieces were generated last night so here in a few minutes I'll go out to the flight school and move towards caught up.

Today will be a fun day. I'm going to be sous chef for Two as she creates cupcakes for Four's homecoming shindig. I do not bake. I cook ... and mix drinks with a bit of a heavy hand, which seems to be a crowd pleaser, but not for this particular event. Four developed an interest in baking at a very young age, and she totally rocks it now. She told me that she wants to save baking/chef school for later like I did with aviation. I told her to go for it now, but she said she loves what she's pursuing now for now and that for later. She knows what she wants and how to make it happen, and that is what I hoped for for her. Then she showed me this site: http://www.jimspancakes.com/gallery/ . Wow. Who knew? My idea of an amazing breakfast is huevos rancheros ... or just lately banana walnut bread, but that is another story.

Okay, so dish washing and measuring for Four. Townhouse admiring is also on tap, because One and Two have decided to be roommates and I am liking that. I'm making Jambalaya for lunch and boneless (of course - I know who is laughing about that!) pork chop with apples and onion and garlicky butter sauce (it's going to be genius) with crispy sweet potato chips on the side, for dinner. Then a movie tonight - The new Clint Eastwood movie with Matt Damon - Hereafter. I want to see it.

Now that I have some time I have three projects that have been on hold and are now on my mind. One, is a drawing of a little Cessna at the hold short line, but ready to depart ... I'll draw that from an overhead way up perspective ... with very restrained colors ...maybe even pen and ink or just my black and grey prisma pencils. I am itching to do that ... I can feel the excitement crinkling my eyes! Next, we have several really good photos from the coast. I am going to select and move them into the ten large frames that hang in the dining room - the room where I have quiet time every morning. I want to start the day at the coast as the seasons change outside. I want to see those colors and remember the sound of the waves. Then, someone has generously shared a collection of aviation photos. I want to print those in a matte finish 4x6 format and spray mount them on heavy black hole punched paper. Some of them are perfect illustrations for student aviators some of them are just perfect. I used to ask myself, "How does God stand all the horrors of this world?" I am glad I have come to this other place in my life ... this place where I recognize that God painted the sky with stars ... this place where I wonder how He can hold all the beauty that is available to behold.



Five commented my hair looked super shiney this morning while I sat with her ... maybe there's something to that heated masque ... .

No comments: