The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, October 4, 2010

Today. I have a lot of paper floating around as I put together "the notebook(s)". You guys who know me, know I like to be organized. I'm not getting that warm fuzzy ... I mean, I'm not in total chaos, but it's not going to be every bit as lovely as I would like by this Friday. The guys at the flight school are saying the FAA isn't booked up yet for this Friday. We get our mock orals on Wednesday, and then the mock ride on Thursday. I am telling myself to be cool ... sometimes the paint isn't to your liking when you first move in to the house ... it takes time to get everything just right.


Today. We took turns teaching commercial maneuvers. I taught 8s on Pylons. Because it is the only ground reference maneuver specifically "tasked" in area X of the FI/PTS I thought he might ask me to teach it in the oral. I was pleased with how it went. We also went over 91.211 - the supplemental oxygen reg. We spent a pretty good part of the morning looking at the ends and outs of high altitude operations - at altitudes above FL250 - those ops. That degenerated to high altitude potty breaks and had these boys giggling like ... well ... like little girls. They love their bathroom humor. Honestly, I've never heard women talking about that stuff. The photo was the board after a lecture on "pre-flight". These guys love using my markers.

Today is almost over. I'm starting to think about this coming weekend. I put those shoes that want to be worn back in their box and zipped the suit case shut on them. Those shoes were talking way too loud about olives marinading in super cooled vodka. My black Vans know that there is a bit more work to be done ... they are sensible shoes. So, dinner, in the room as usual, is almost over and that means it's time for just a little more effort ... and then a little sleep ... and then, tomorrow.

No comments: