The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday evening

Here is some different paint - I'd really like to see this in the air.
This picture was taken yesterday on approach at GVL - there was a dog strolling around - I expected to go 'round.
Spin training today. It was cool ... we got it to spin. It wasn't as exciting as I thought it might be. Recovery was very similar to any power on stall. I liked how happy he (the flight instructor) was about the recover ... I liked getting the actual endorsement in my logbook:

FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR - SPIN TRAINING(i)(1)

So - that's kinda cool.

I like the way they do it here ... this is my fourth flight...each one with a different instructor. It's ideal for me because at the end of the week when I expect (fingers crossed) to get my experience with the FAA it will seem routine to hop in the airplane with a stranger.

Time spent in a room with the same people is getting tiresome. We all have our idiosyncrasies and lack of sleep/total immersion is not bringing out the best in any of us ... especially them (lol isn't that always the case). One of the guys came in today and picked up all his books - cleared his work space. This is day ten - he came to the first two days only. He said he'd been offered a fabulous job (flying) and the CFI stuff regretfully must wait. All of his books are identified with a mailing label 747 pictured with a Captain in front of his name ... just a kid living a large lie. Distressingly sad .... Just in time to refresh the interpersonal dynamics, we have been told to expect a new guy this coming week. I do not know his story. He's coming in to finish up, but they all know him, so he's been here before. I hear he's demanding and abrasive ... it will be nice to have a break from playing that role myself ... he wears a gun at all times (I hear) so I'm thinking he can have it. Hmmm, I think I have mentioned the gun thing previously - the guys buzz on it. I told them if I had time to run by the store I would buy some squirt guns so we can all shoot at one another ... you get kinda silly in a room with no windows... .

I taught "power off stalls" today. The critique was very helpful. I did some things well and some things I can see to improve. I think I'm gonna love teaching.

My husband and Five came in late yesterday, spent the night, enjoyed breakfast and lunch with me today and are now back home. It was nice to see them. Hugs and kisses are good.

This is my first attempt at loading video and I am very surprised that any of that flight was captured - he tried.

No comments: