The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, October 18, 2010


Today: spent a little time with FI. He wants me to be sure to pick up flight following for ride under Bravo. He is, as always, very concerned about collision avoidance. The school I did finish up work with did not avail themselves of flight following. I promised him that I would. He reviewed some of the landmarks over there. We talked about the inspector I have been assigned to. He told me who to ask about him. I said I didn't want to know anything about - supposedly about - the inspector before hand. It is what it is, I said. I told him the hotel was just fine. I didn't mention that they double billed my card and getting that straightened out would be my next order of business. It was so much better then the less expensive option offered by the school. I wanted him to know I appreciated his direction in that selection. He had surgery last week and I told him laying around doing nothing while he recuperated seemed to agree with him. His Dr. said no heavy lifting ... He said he'd need to stop carrying these 18 year old flight students for awhile. I gave him some very fancy olives that have been marinating with lemons slices and cinnamon sticks. Like everything else of late they have pits in them I said. He usually stays in his office for lunch so those'll be a nice treat.

I've been reviewing FOI stuff and the Regs. I am looking forward to working with students one on one and using the info learned in the FOI. It makes a lot of sense. Some of the info is not as useful in a large group - like the scenario based training. A lot of private ground is just basic building block type lecture ... Fundamentals. I guess that's why I like the performance stuff and the Wt/Balance work ... The students get to sharpen their pencils. It's going to be tricky to teach 25 people how to use an E6B. It's really a one at a time sort of thing ... They'll find just the wind side tricky at first. I always wish I had about twice as much time for weather, the regs ( which I've learned to thread in through out the lectures) and all of this stage three material - cross country planning essentially.

Shopping today with two youngest children. Five is shooting up and needed clothes for this cooler weather. She was fun to shop with. My little one stop buddy. Four has plans for two different HS homecoming events. Two dresses ... She has been easier to shop with then she might have been. Her big sister loves to shop and fortunately was available to help out. Boys are so much easier! Her dresses are perfect - she modeled them tonight and I can't believe how fast she has grown up!

I am supposed to be trying to get plenty of sleep this week. I hear that the oral plus the ride may take all day on Friday. I am working at getting the oral prep notes in uber order ... it'll make the process move faster and if I were the examiner I would appreciate anything that smoothed things out. I take some comfort in knowing that while this is a huge big deal to me, to him it's just another day at the office.

Two has a broken knee cap and needs me to see the Dr. with her on Tuesday. She is living back with us for awhile as she mends. Blue dye in the toilets wasn't the only surprise waiting for me! My mother is having surgery today ... I'm grateful that my brother is seeing to that.

... it's time to start thinking about pansies again ... .

Friday.
I'm looking forward to getting this done.

No comments: