The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, September 5, 2011

33 / 1000

33The country needs rain. We really need a system robust enough to steer it's way in to the edge of the gulf and shower out over the parched Southwest. Everybody wants water in their reservoirs ... Lots of people dread the storms that shoulder the rain. I guess that's a good metaphor for where I find myself. I was somewhat emotionally arid ... events supported by this tempestuous time in my life have hydrated my soul ... I fret about the devastation of what I was building ... I am both embarrassed by and grateful for the tenderness evidenced by the tears that pool and spill over my soul's gentle smile. I've always thought tears were an expression of anguish or pain ... I don't know what these are, but they are not that.

Today, I am thankful for the rain. So vital.

My oldest friend lives full time in the best lake house ever. It is perched so that you could fish off the front porch if you were of a mind to. Their boat hangs below. I love thinking of her there ... living on the lake I learned how to water ski on. The lake is there because a ring levy was constructed ... crops get thirsty even when mother nature is busy elsewhere.
New Orleans is inside a ring levy ... with pump stations spitting water outside the bowl. I am thinking about that today. Same basic idea ... Same storms. Well, anyway. Thank God for weather ... One of my favorite things!

No comments: