The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, September 17, 2011

The ear is still clogged ... and that side of my throat has a line of raw that I imagine begins at the euschasian tube ... I don't want to visit with the Ears, Nose and Throat guy ... not because I don't like doctors or because I am afraid of bad news ... none of that. I don't like sitting in a waiting room ... and then later, on a table with crunchy paper and sterile stuff in glass canisters. I don't like somebody inches away from me peering intently into my body collecting more information about me then I would voluntarily share. I just don't like it ... you go in there and next thing you know they need to listen to your heartbeat. I've been very fortunate in life to be so healthy. The appointment is Wednesday.
Last night I kept on waking up because of that silly ear. I have to go get it seen about ... This is the downside of floating on my back with my ears in the water on the lazy river everyday little miss wanted to this summer. I floated and watched the sky blossom with afternoon showers ... I estimated the tops ... til it was too easy ... they went up only so high before they started back down ... . Along with the ear, I have white ovals around my eye lids where the Oakley's wrapped and the rest of the front of me is "brown as a raisin" as my momma would say. I know from experience that this was the last summer that I can hope for unlimited play time with one of my children. This was the summer when the scales began to tip back in the other direction ... away from them being little. Eventually, one of my five or their multiplier, will be fussing over my sunscreen etc., and maybe holding my hand to help me up on to a table with crunchy paper.

No comments: