The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, September 29, 2011

cyn·i·cal  (sn-kl)
adj.
1. Believing or showing the belief that people are motivated chiefly by base or selfish concerns; skeptical of the motives of others: a cynical dismissal of the politician's promise to reform the campaign finance system.
2. Selfishly or callously calculating: showed a cynical disregard for the safety of his troops in his efforts to advance his reputation.
3. Negative or pessimistic, as from world-weariness: a cynical view of the average voter's intelligence.
4. Expressing jaded or scornful skepticism or negativity: cynical laughter.
cyni·cal·ly adv.
cyni·cal·ness n.

Seems like this layer of my idea about how people tend to ...
I'm seeing this differently. Somewhere along the way this has gotten skewed ... I think that is my problem. In other words, I will take responsibility for this mis-cue ... I'm thinking about this ... Love seems worth re-looking at. Re-imagined. New chapters written. Cynical is not how I express love, but is how I tend to receive "love". Not good enough. Love is higher then this base view.

No comments: