The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, September 9, 2011

I'm busy thinking about some important stuff.
I'll probably write about my thoughts on Anam Cara next week. It is a good book to know. I would like for each of my children to look at it at the right time in their lives. I am certain that I will buy a copy of my own sometime soon ... It is a book which invites notes in the margins. I have three other books waiting which I am excited to open. I am happy for a time when reading whatever I want is perfectly okay.
The mornings hurry me through housework ... Then I read for awhile and write in my notebook. My handwriting looks almost unfamiliar. Then I work in the garage. The garage is getting my best attention. I am excited about how excellent it is going to look. Hahaha ... One of the areas already looks like shelving at Lowes. I like that. Yesterday a big box of nails fell from my hand as I tippy toed up to reach it. Nails went everywhere! I like those little clear plastic drawer units for nails and all that stuff. I have one ... It is full. Now I am waiting to find all the items that want to be in those little drawers so I can see how many I need and what sizes the drawers should be. I really like organization. I like seeing order arising from that chaos. I'm happy just thinking about it.
Last night when I woke up at two I couldn't get back to sleep. I had a lot to think about. I finally dozed off around five so I am tired tonight. I have a lot of the pieces for thinking about what I am thinking about and I feel very happy in general. I am so happy to feel so happy. Now I am even starting to feel like really singing again. It is a good feeling.
Tonight after the movie (we saw The Debt ... One of the best this summer) I played with the stargazers app on my husband's phone ... For some reason he has it but I don't ... Probably because I spend my iTunes budget on music. I love that app. I put it on his phone. It is on my wish list ... Next purchase for sure.
Last night my husband woke up and asked me what I was thinking about ... I gave him the short version. And asked him if he really thinks I am a "striver". He said he meant that I am very goal oriented. Yes, that is true. I like goals.
Last night I was remembering a little reminder I wrote to myself here about what be still actually means. Still is sorta difficult for me.

No comments: