The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, September 10, 2011

stories

The poet knows himself only on the condition that things resound in him, and that in him, at a single awakening, they and he come forth together out of sleep.  ~ Jacques Maritain 

Sometime in May this year, I read a Mother's Day tribute written by Mr. Van der Leun posted on his blog, American Digest. There was something special about it ... my favorite Mother's Day thing this year. I remembered another of his ... something amusing about Levi jeans. What might google turn up I wondered ... turns out, bunches ... but for the time I had for it, just this one story on hypertext caught my eye ... and I read it, and it wasn't what I expected. Well, maybe it was ... I wanted, and found, an interesting well written story ... it was the mystical quality that sat me still. The story, The Arrival, is about a creative process (tap this post title for a link to the story). Reading the story actually did make everything around me quiet ... I could feel it, maybe I was holding my breathe, I don't know. Well, I wondered if this was just yodaesque writing skills, or if this was really a real true story. I ventured a note asking ... A note came back which said basically ... Yep, that's how it happened. The story. I was happy to know that it is a true story.

"How can I know what I think until I see what I say?" ~G VdL
And this
"I am always suspicious of things that travel "into the mystic." Especially so when it involves my own experience." ~G VdL


I was happy because somebody who seems pretty normal wrote about this kinda weird stuff. I read it on a day when I was not feeling all that great. And ... I had been noticing that my notes here were telling me a sort of a weird story ... Hmmm, by that I mean, I can see what I really think when I read what I wrote. I can see a story here of my struggles ... and my joys. I can see me. I stay so busy being some precious ones momma, or an okay neighbor ... or whoever is under the hats that keep on showing up on top of my head ... .
I see a process here that moving through my days kept me from noticing. Not a creative process like Mr. Van der Leun is describing, rather ... I'm a bit self-conscious to say, maybe a healing process, but more too ... I see my soul better. I see my soul trusting God, and I know the miracle that is for me. And I have barely caught my breathe on that, and already I see that trust is just the foundation for some deeper mystery.

I see someone who had some disabling oowies, unfolding towards a more well version of her true self. I see someone who stretched a hand out towards the God bigger then words in a book ... hoping that my tiny hand could feel his touch. I really really like things that I can see. Feeling is a wilder thing then I have been comfortable with ... but I am relaxing in to it. Floating in the deep waters ... not fretting so much that my feet can't touch. It feels good most of the time. I know what mean.

So ... I was captivated by the story of an invisible process.

And then ... OMG ... These words. I like that someone said ... Okay, I'm up for it ... Let's see where this goes ... And hauntingly powerful words came to hold the place of the missing.

No comments: