The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, September 1, 2011

25 26 27 28 29 / 1000

25Sammy waiting on the back porch every morning with his best manners on
26today I feel sick ... Like stomach virus sick and my tummy is rumbling around ... I'm sipping my coffee just hoping not to throw up ... Headache. Ugh. I have fun lunch plans for today with an old flying buddy ... Probably going to have to cancel. I am thankful that feeling icky is extremely rare for me. Excellent health is likely the most valuable gift for people over fifty (like me). My eyesight has declined ... Which is okay, there's plenty I don't want to see. My hair has thinned but I still have more then enough for three women and less time to blow dry! These are little reminders that healthy is a gift.
27yesterday I found out that there are people who see a specific color associated with a number or a letter ... as in 3 may be hot pink and A may be coral. Ummm ... That's pretty neat. A woman who had won her state's spelling bee said it was easier for her because she could visualize the color pattern. Cool. I like the interior diversity of our minds. I think it makes God smile. There is a florist here in town who really stands out. His work is textured in it's variety ... the more time you spend looking the more delighted you become. He dares quirky additions which always seem exactly right. I lovelovelove it when his are the flowers in front of the pulpit on Sunday. His work always somehow honors the uniqueness of each element of the whole. His little shop has always been one of my favorite places in town. I think it's a huge gift that we humans are not all the same ... our gifts make us unique. Why we tend to want to hide in the herd I do understand ... I am thankful for people who are acting mostly like just who they are.
28H comes in to town and does some freelance work where she used to work. The girl's got skills. She was here for a second last week. She asked me about something personal and I replied by just closing my eyes and softly shaking my head no. "You can handle it" she replied, "When you're acting exactly like you, you can totally handle that!". Uhhh ... That is what I say. That is truly one of my core beliefs. She has a real knack for serving up my words and knew I didn't want to hear that ... she laughed as she reminded me ... . Eating my words ... fortified by being called back to what I really believe. God doesn't leave one hanging. We are able for what he puts around us. He never asks too much. So ... H, one of the people I cannot deny is a friend of my soul ... half my age, twice as sassy ... present in many of these 1000 gifts.
29 I may be feeling better ... Here we go with some loud music and a bit of house work. I love music ... It's so cool that you can't see it, but it is totally here. You can't see it but it can make you feel. I had an acoustical physics class in college ... I like to think of what the waves might look like if I could see them ... undulating waves flowing all around my house clicking my fingers, crinkling my eyes.

No comments: