The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, September 30, 2011

a dream is a wish your heart makes ...

"All of us failed to match our dreams of perfection. So I rate us on the basis of our splendid failure to do the impossible." ~ William Faulkner

"Yesterday is but today's memory, and tomorrow is today's dream." ~ Khalil Gibran

"All men of action are dreamers." ~ James Huneker



"Dream manfully and nobly, and thy dreams shall be prophets." ~ Bulwer Lytton

"Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions." ~ Edgar Caycee

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." T.E.Lawerence

"You may say I'm a dreamer ... but I'm not the only one ..." ~ John Lennon





“Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.” ~ Oscar Wilde
Oscar Wilde is becoming a favourite. On my list of get to know better ... Moonlight ... And to get to see a new dawn before ... And the Dawn I see happened over there hours ago, and will happen over there in a few more hours ... but it will be their dawn seen from a different vantage point, through different atmospheric conditions ... different filters. Well, I love this quote. Searching in the gentle light ... looking towards a new dawn. Rather rewarding.


"Was it only by dreaming or writing that I could find out what I thought?" ~ Joan Didion

"So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable." ~ Christopher Reeve

"I've always said that one night, I'm going to find myself in some field somewhere, I'm standing on grass, and it's raining, and I'm with the person I love, and I know I'm at the very point I've been dreaming of getting to." ~ Drew Barrymore

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with success unexpected in common hours." ~ Thoreau

"Only things the dreamers make live on. They are the eternal conquerors." ~ Herbert Kaufman

"Dreams pass into the reality of action. From the actions stems the dream again; and this interdependence produces the highest form of living." ~ Anais Nin

"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world." ~ Harriet Tubman

"I have always been amazed at the way an ordinary observer lends so much more credence and attaches so much more importance to waking events than to those occurring in dreams... Man... is above all the plaything of his memory." ~ Andre Breton

   
“Dreams are like stars...you may never touch them, but if you follow them they will lead you to your destiny.” ~ Idk

   
“I'll do my dreaming with my eyes wide open, and I'll do my looking back with my eyes closed”
~ Tony Aratha

No comments: