The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I woke up early, or what used to be late and maybe will be again some day ... I like night. And one of my favorite places is

Where I can see the stars and the waves at the same time. Where I can feel the ocean on my skin ... or is it just a cloud? Where I breathe in and out in tempo with the deep caressing the shore. Where I wrap myself in my green shawl baba chillin' ... just chillin'.

Last night was like that for just a moment. Listening to a video of waves reaching then receding over a pebbled shore. Sounding so perfectly soothing, it reminded me of the rain stick L brought home from a trip to Africa. I loved the sound it gave. Last night when I awoke time was all my own ... a line with thunder rumbling towards release was right outside my window. 3:30 ... lulled by a distant shore ... my eyes are closed and I'm at the beach with Orion overhead ... and an airplane so high as to be part of the constellation ... a shooting star in s l o w m o whiling as a wish is framed. And my wish is a dream. And I feel my soul smile in the dark.

Then I thought to just go ahead and get up ... make some coffee ... see about sitting outside for awhile with the passing storm ... . Bummer of all morning bummers ... The bean basket is empty and the pantry storage is also without and I wonder how did I let this happen? And it's too early to be out driving alone ... I go back to bed for awhile. Six o'clock finds me on the coffee aisle with a stocking clerk ... Is it still raining out he wants to know and I say we are in a little clear window, but more is coming. I saw it lighting up layers of dark and inky blue ... not quite enough energy for real lightening ... more like a rumbling growl and a hint of what might be. Maybe weather. Yawning showers. Another perfect day ... once the coffee is stirred ... lol.

Once everyone is out of the house I think about what I'm going to do to earn my keep, and I tell myself to stop remembering that phrase ... It clings like a sticker burr. Hahaha. I can do better then that ... and I notice that there really isn't much housework to do today ... and aeroweather indicates there won't be much weeding either.

Last night I saw this quote:“The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny - it is the light that guides your way.”
― Heraclitus
Yes, I think, that is what I was going to think about. All of that ... and my soul ... I know what color it probably might be ... the color of a morning glory ... all the possible morning glory colors, but usually that most vibrant blue violet ... and then when I'm resting and the old me I am traveling to ...is mostly shades of sea glass green and driftwood grey. The color of my soul ...
... I watercolored this before I knew how I wanted the prop arc to look ... This was the original version ... I came across it this morning when I was looking for something entirely else ... and I saw this also ... Instrument Collage ...
and a pile of these ...

So ... Here we are ... Sammy looking silly with his summer do growing out ... and me neglecting to remove a sticker burr that I know will stop annoying as soon as I nudge it out.
Sammy is afraid of storms, but, I'm not. I think this will be an awesome day.

No comments: