The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wildfires in Texas

Tap post title to zoom to wildfiretoday.com ... Who knew? ... There are several credible sites dedicated to monitoring and providing info about fires and fire fighting around the country.

My family is near Austin and NE of there. My brother says they can see the fires and that the vegetation that is not in the path of the flames is withering away from lack of water.
TX 304 runs through Bastrop, SE of Austin
This photo showed up on my fb page and I tracked it down to "Texas Storm Chasers" ... The State capital building is pictured. My friend in South Texas, 300 miles SSW of there says they've been smelling smoke all week. It aggravates me to see all the little stories creeping up about Gov. Perry's choice to cut financial resources to volunteer fire departments in Texas ... Pop shots from the peanut gallery ... Money, just like peanut butter, gets spread thin when in short supply. This is the same guy who opened up shelters in Texas to provide relief to those left homeless by Katrina. ... Geez ... I want to be well informed, but I get so frustrated by the spin cycle which seems unrelenting in news outlets.

No comments: