The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, September 15, 2011


Thursday ... grocery shopping day. Before that I will clean out the refrigerator and pantry, making a list as I go, and thinking about meals for the week. Breakfast, lunches, dinner, snacks ... household items and seasonal things (like batteries and canned goods for hurrican season ... and s'more fixin's for a fire outside). This morning, after I got everyone off I sat outside and drank my coffee. This past Monday, on that field trip, I walked through an exhibit that had buttons to push to hear the call of several of the birds around here. I pushed everyone of them one at a time ... all familiar ... only a lucky guess could match the sound with the bird were it all up to me. I think I will start learning about birds now. I could hear probably ten different species from the front porch this morning ... and a Beech engine wooing overhead and a cricket clacking from deep in the pine straw ... a racing bike slicing by almost before I could look up. ... and I saw a seed helicoptering gracefully by just out of reach ... and a rainbow colored remnant of spider web blowing almost invisible between the columns. Sweet, light, hot coffee and a layer of white fluff filtering the morning sun. I sat out there last night to end the day ... almost a full moon. This morning I thought about the shrubs I will trim on Saturday and I thought about getting my flowerbeds ready for pansies ... and fresh paint for the front door.
Yesterday, after my walk, I noticed a hummingbird visiting the candle lantern I have hanging below the rose vine. Poor baby ... what a disappointment that must be ... a red lantern with a little citronella candle. I'm going to look for a hummingbird feeder when I go in to purchase the bedding plants.

No comments: