The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, September 16, 2011

Tracking True North

From 9/16/11

... Just realized something about this (loop dream ... If thoughts of it keep on revisiting me, I may have to come up with a better name for it, because the loop, while super energizing fun, wasn't really what the dream was about) dream ... The GPS was programed with advice leading to that particular airport ... The intended landing spot and lunch at that specific place was the objective. Trust made this little dream flight possible. It's interesting to me, because I know myself, that I was able to fly to or really even towards an unknown location, and with a virtual stranger, is quite extraordinary ... It's amazing really, I woulda said impossible. Not being clear on an objective just simply doesn't fit with my personality ... I should note "how I rigidly used to be". I don't mind at all if someone else is driving, I even may tend to prefer it if everything is right, but ... me not believing I know where I am generally headed is ... just not me. Plus, the whole comfort with a stranger in this type setting is unlike me. And, I've had a lot of dreams where I was flying ... I've never let anyone else in my airplane in a dream ... Always single pilot ops. Here, in this dream, I was just flying &/or passenger-ing in the plane for the sheer unselfconscious joy of it ... I was flying to an unknown never before seen or imagined place and this morning the freedom and trust apparent there, makes me happy ... I smile at myself ... I smile at the dream picture of who I became in that airplane.
... How long ago was this dream? I can still close my eyes and see and feel this interior time ... it informs me. I sat there at that table and I did wonder what was up with my flying buddy. He programmed the GPS. The person I was wanted to sit down for a meal together ... That would have made sense to me ... We landed here to have lunch. The person I am now as I reflect on this wonderful dream is comfortable with not understanding the confusing parts of this dream. In the dream I sat ... Still ... without expectation, and waited ... unconcerned, completely at ease with all the unknowns.
Me, sitting still is a destination in and of itself. I have been trying to get here without knowing it. I am happy here. Still shelters my soul.
Over the years of remembering some dreams, I've learned that dreams like this one eventually make perfect sense. I like this spiritually still place. As for the dream ... What a wonderful place to sit and relax. This dream is gift ... one of my favorite treasures. To be in a sweet little plane, with someone I enjoyed sharing time and place with, to get to a lovely spot to relax ... it's good. I close my eyes and sit here ... drinking lemonade and enjoying the elegant simplicity of this shelter ... everything is perfect here. This is an interior happy place.

This morning during my quiet time I just thought of this.

No comments: