The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Passive.

All this thinking about love and friendship and God and goodness ... all this sitting still. I feel a tension inside my soul I guess. I am certain that God doesn't ask us to be passive ... to spectate.

I'm still thinking about all the issues in the big 911 bucket. I thinking about the debates and what the contenders are saying ... and not saying. I am trying to see what they have actually done ... not that I believe that's a great indicator for what they might do next.

One of my kids is in a bit of stink with their dad. There is a disagreement with what was said about curfew. It's just a flash point really. Someone thinks they can handle more freedom ... someone else disagrees. An area where I have not been successful is negotiating the squeeze between the rock (aka Cat Daddy) and the hard places (aka 1-5). The kids ask me to speak up for them ... They know my mind is like a recorder ... I can regurgitate whole conversations months after the fact ... And yes, he did say 12:00. It's a bit of a mess. We all know the verses about submissive ... passive ... like a spectator.

Issues ... Little domestic house cat issues. Issues in the jungle for the big cats to sort out. Little dining room tables ... World stages.

I'm kinda glad my flower beds are weedy. Weeding I understand. Weeding is something that needs done but no one seems to want to do.


     
“Once while St. Francis of Assisi was hoeing his garden, he was asked, ''What would you do it you were suddenly to learn that you were to die at sunset today?'' He replied, ''I would finish hoeing my garden.''”

No comments: