The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Sunday, August 14, 2011

5 6 7 / 1000

5. we drove up to the Apple store in B'ham today after lunch. I'm back to reading 1000 gifts ... it's slow going ... honestly the syntax has me re-reading each snippet sometimes several times. I've thought to leave it in my husband's car ... read it on road trips. I've thought to just plow through it, stay in the bath tub until it's read. The review said it was written poetically ... hmmm. There are many thoughtful observations wound up in that tangle of words. I mean, look at how casually I let the words dribble around my musings. I really should be able to get it. Today ... this is where I'm going with all this ... I got to the chapter on trust. I needed to read it. Haven't mentioned this before, but I'm also reading a Canadian Pastor's book ... Lord Change My Attitude(James McDonald). His book is a look at Exodus as it has applied through the ages. I actually have notes going here already. Gratitude is a big theme in his book. Well, Ann ----- has made an excellent case for her idea that gratitude feeds trust. I'll be making a few notes specifically about that soon. I'm really glad I stuck with the book. I thought about just procuring the main idea ... The list ... and moving on with it. Now I am thinking I may want to read parts of the book more carefully. The adjectives swim within their sentences. It feels like a nudge to look at things a bit differently. I'm about nudged out, but I'm thinking to rethink. Thankful for the trust chapter.
6. The girls asked for the radio to be on during the drive home. Husband accommodated.
7. Was able to pull Crystal Gayle's name out of my invisible Stetson when asked to name that singer. Yahoo. Remembered the words to Roxanne a few miles and stations later. Googled up Sting and the Police. Laughed later at white girl rap rendition from the backseat (Superbass ... boom da boom boom baby). Word perfect ... How do they do that?!  Having the radio on was great fun.

No comments: