The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

That feeling ... It's very interesting to experience a better version of yourself. I am thinking that may be how God would like for me to experience this wonderful gift of life that He gave me. So amazingly alive. Peace ... Joy. I know I am capable of that now. That's pretty cool. I'm going to figure that out ... .
I wrote those words late in April ... So I could remember, because ... well it was a special day, and special days never last long. I know enough of special days to realize you gotta be quick to absorb the ephemeral ... you wanna bless the moments that you feel Him nearer ... you gotta have a way of holding on to the joy (swirling around) even as you let it go ... heart and hands held open ...I say that with a thanks.

Here's a quote ... "Joy is God and God is joy and joy does not negate all other emotions - joy transcends all other emotions". one thousand gifts ... pg 176

Oops ... I can see how Ann Voskamp gets in trouble with these words of hers ... I also see what I think she is trying to express. I have never seen God. But I have felt him pass by. And I have felt him near. The truth is, this joy is sometimes passed by the invisible hand through a hand and heart of flesh ... 'cause that is what He works with ... .
And I think joy is an intention that shapes the hands and hearts of flesh, both those of the giver and the receiver of the surprise ... even when everyone is surprised (or even shocked - lol). Little days when we are surprised by joy ... as C.S. Lewis has expressed for us all ... and this girl, Ann Voskamp follows him up with this: Perhaps there is no other way to discover joy but as a surprise ? Yep, that's what I think I have noticed too. And now I am wondering how many sweet surprises go unnoticed. Pleasant surprises ... carefully unwrapped. I cherish the gift. My little cracked vessel holds joy ... It had been seeping right out of me.

No comments: