The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Last night when I woke up, I didn't have a plan for what to think about. I almost started thinking about the walk that work ruled out. I almost started thinking about the flight that a drive to the Apple store cancelled. Then I remembered what I'm 'posed to be thinking about ... thinking it down deep in my soul ... that kind of thinking requires night.

I remembered the recent lesson tenderly taught by the God who finds a way. It's easier to trust in the light of day when I can see. But I don't have to be afraid of the dark. God can speak light into the darkness. I wasn't there in the beginning ... I've witnessed it since.

I like how at night, the darker the better, I can see stars. Their light source if there are thems out there ... and I think there are.

Dark and light. Last night I did lay on my side and read a blog from my phone. One eye open seeing words, one eye closed, buried in a soft pillow feathers. When I got up for fresh ice water, the eye which wasn't blasted with light could see in the dark while the lit up eye was virtually useless. Rods and cones. God made a way for scardy-cats to see in the dark 'til He's ready to speak light.

My great joy is to remember well ... choose to remember the miraculous ... see it for what it is. A ball of fire can illuminate, can support life. It can blind and extinguish life just as easily.

Well, that's what I was thinking about last night. That, and how much I love ice water, and ... well, I did wonder if the feathers in my pillow flew before they became fluff.

"Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake." ~ Hugo

No comments: