The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Last night I slept like a champ!
 
Boy was I surprised when my husband woke me up whispering "I love you ... Have a good day."
Huh? What? I knew he would be up and out early this morning, but how did this happen? My eyes pop open when the light from an iPhone flashes on to illuminate the time ... I usually hear every little rustling of the sheets. He is dressed and ready to go! I think I mumbled something ... right before I rolled over and fell back into sweet sleep.
I dreamed that I was walking towards and then near a high privacy fence. The fence didn't disappear, but I could see through it for a second or two ... beyond the fence was a man reclining, chill-laxin', on a chaise lounge and his eyes were shut, feigning sleep ... or maybe pretending invisible like I used to do ... and he opened his eyes as I came near ... and he smiled ... and I smiled back ... and the fence materialized again as I walked on ... not past ... just on.
"What time is it?" I awake with the words on my lips. Someone is quietly moving near the foot of my bed, towards the bathroom, "It's seven o'clock Momma...". I stretch under the sheets. "Did you wake V up?"
She answers with a tiny sweet laugh, "Momma, we are almost ready to go (to school)!"

Wow. Sleep feels good ... really good.

No comments: