The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Blue "greenhouse" made from old windows - Fine Homebuilding

Added 28 Oct 2011 ... Saw it on Pinterest

Blue "greenhouse" made from old windows - Fine Homebuilding
Tap to view article

Husband out for the week ... Doing that gig which the tornadoes postponed back in early May. He has always been a very diligent worker ... The kids are both pleased and amazed that he has taken the past several Saturdays off to walk the Trail with me ... and sometimes one or two of them. This is that weird week before everyone goes back to school. The two college kids, the High Schooler, and little miss, Middle School. On Thursday the house will be very very quiet ... Like wabbit hunting quiet. I've got some thinking to do. My inclination would be to find things to do around my home ... I'm kind of a home body. I'm already thinking about what I'm going to do. I said I would relearn Spanish as soon as I had time, but ... I really think it will come right back to me when I am around people who speak Spanish. Still too hot for real yard work, but that is high on my to do list as soon as it cools down some. I looked for a pottery class ... None being offered right now. I am surprised that of all the art I've done over the years, I have never thrown a pot ... I want to. I like pottery quite a bit. Several years ago I had the fun of over seeing several large projects for the house, one was new windows, and I saved all the old ones for building an outdoor structure. They are stacked very neatly, one against the other, under the house. I intended to build something like this with them ... Probably slightly more open, and I know it wants a corrugated metal roof, but, not sure about the floor ... Maybe just pine straw.

It would cost next to nothing and be fun back in the woods. If it looks junky, I can just pull it down. I also want to redo the goldfish pool ... There are no fish in it, and Sammy makes himself a big mess in it ... I need to either fill it in, or make it right. The flowerbed along the driveway is a mess right now too, and I need to get on that with the new neighbors ... It has been a shared bed and I wonder what they would like to do with it. Our side still has day lilies and irises, but the other side is overcome with thistle, wild wisteria, and monkey grass ... I think they are going to care about the yard, and it doesn't really matter to me what is there, just that if he needs to spray poison, I have a lot of plants to move! Our driveway is about three foot lower then theirs. I think I am going to do mostly yard work while I wait to see how I need to be spending my time. I may go get that glider rating. I think that is only a weekend thing. I need to check in to that.
My son One called this afternoon. They are between semesters. I always really enjoy talking with him. I like that he likes what he is doing with his life. He totally got the big dealness of this disappointment and was very supportive about me interviewing for my dream job ... lol ... He said, "It's really great that you did everything you could ... now there are no questions to move forward with.". I like how matter of fact he is ... I like that he didn't tell me not to feel bad about it. I do feel bad about it, but I am okay with it too. It is what it is ... And not the end of the world. I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to learn so many life lessons in such a super cool classroom. My Navajo flying buddy encouraged me to keep looking for a teaching job, but I don't think my heart is in it anymore.
We shall see what lies ahead. I think I need to make room in my life for whatever comes next ... be graceful about it. I started flying because I needed something ... I needed something for my soul and I have completed that journey ... . That was a really good gift directly from God, and I am humbled and overwhelmed by how tenderly He brought me along to grow in to it. God really rocks the patience app like only a being who has never worn a wrist watch can. I like flying so much that I had hoped to share that experience with a few students, but I am okay if that is not what is next for me. Honestly, if God has other ideas, I am pretty excited to see what they are. I feel very fortunate. (stupid airplanes being so much fun!)

No comments: