The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Caribbean body wrap ... ummm, not so much.  The steaming, multi jet shower to wash the mud/algae away ... absolutely worth the price of admission.  The temperature of the shower area was on a thermostat which released steam via an inlet near the floor ... kinda perfect.

I enjoyed the facial as well.  Noticed the "product" felt exactly like what the Estée Lauder consultant has "recommended".  It's on the countertop in my bathroom, and I use it when I remember to.  I demurred when prompted to drop what will be next week's grocery budget on what I think are duplicate products.  I mean seriously, how many different ways are there to ease fine lines and broken capillaries?  The lady who helped with my hair asked me what kind of face stuff I use.
"I wash with Neutragena soap and water ... then I use Estée Lauder eye and that all over stuff ... serum. "
"Oh good," she says, " Estée Lauder is Aveda's  parent company, wish I owed stock!"

Girl stuff can be pretty intimidating.   It's a lot trickier then that all over hair and body stuff that guys use.  We have lots and lots of little bottles ... pricey little bottles.

I began the day with them at nine ... by two I was pretty much exhausted by the process.  It was convenient for them to reschedule my manicure and pedicure ... somewhere along the way we had gotten behind.  I opted to duck out rather then wait 45 minutes.   The scheduler said they would prioritize me tomorrow.  I picked up another little bottle, oyster shell shimmery grey (my made up name for it) nail lacquer. I think I would rather just paint my own ... they will be flecked with high gloss white next week away!

No comments: