The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, February 9, 2012

~ found picture (idk)

The woodwork painting is coming along swimmingly. There is a good bit of satisfaction in that work, and the results. Painting doors has led to taking down light globes and washing them ... stuff gets dusty when you're not looking. I noticed the windows to the garage could use some attention too ... I could stay as busy as a bee around here and still miss a few things.

... Kinda wondering if it's okay to just tend to my own business. There's plenty to do around here ... yes, checklist items both big and small, but most important, the tending to of all these personalities under our roof.
Yesterday I heard myself say to C, "God doesn't think it's too much ... ", in reference to her dealing appropriately with little sister's shenanigans. Raising girls is so much more everything then raising boys. I'm reflecting on that as I sit here drinking my coffee and planning my route through this day ... I smile as those words God doesn't think it's too much waft around on the scent of three different perfumes ... and weave their way through a trail of hair bows and mismatched TOMs ... It's quiet now and those words pop up out of the receding morning drama ... Yeah, it seems like a lot.
People are starting to be aware that I am home ... People are starting to offer opportunities to me to do something good for the community. I feel a little guilty about just looking out for my own stuff. I really don't have a desire to "adopt" a project ... mentor or role model ... I'm not really a "do-gooder". I gotta save ever ounce of patience for the promises I made in the delivery room. It's almost too much some days!

"The days are long, but the years are short." a truism without a credit, I don't know who said it first, but they sure knew what they were talking about. These first, then those as I can.

Well, past time to get to it!

No comments: