The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, February 10, 2012

~ hammock time in our backyard today

Today I have practiced doing basically nothing. Today was spent mostly in quiet ... L was home for lunch and to pick up his bag for a weekend outing in to the wilds of South Carolina in pursuit of all things Ellicot. We re-watched an episode of "ENDGAME" (chess master/crime solver) which I fell asleep during last night. It's a pretty good show. I'm back to waking up at 4ish and doing sudoku and reading articles on my tablet. Today I ate cheesecake and fresh strawberries, delicious and juicy red ... I did a couple of loads of laundry and tried out a solution of vinegar and baking soda on the grout in the kitchen floor (yes, like magic). That's what I was doing at four ... researching best ways to clean grout and blemishes on porcelain bathtubs. Yesterday I unscrewed the hardware which held sliding glass doors in place on one of the tubs in our house ... It had been there since the home was built (older then I and they sure don't make things like they used to ... very heavy). I was very interested in what kind of yuckiness might lurk under and behind that frame work ... not too bad, but a little hard water build up and just a shade of rusty corrosion. Thinking about reframing the opaque glass panels for a wall in that little green house project.

Tonight out to eat with V and I'm hoping back in early ... More lounging about may be in order.

No comments: