The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Choices ...

~ found photo (idk)
“The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.” ~ Thucydides

Overheard this from some program my husband was watching, probably from Neil on White Collar: Choices are sacrifices ... It means giving up something you want for something you want more.

Interesting. Ummm, Optimistic or maybe just uber fortunate like most people I know ... like me. How pleasant when all choices seem to represent varying degrees of desirability.

I'm looking at this beautiful picture. I don't know anything about it ... Just what I can see and what I think I can infer from it. Do people live in huts on stilts like that? I think it must be the shelter offered to the kid in the picture. No doubt the coastal weather blows in and out through the meager reeds ... a cycle as sure as the flight of this blue marble around our golden sun. His shelter ... Basically shade on sticks with a fence wrapped around it ... not to secure, but to surround a made space ... his space. Maybe it is his "summer home".

I study the picture, captivating at first glance, idyllic .... then bleak. And then I see it. A choice. He makes a choice where choices are limited ... and I am all at once overwhelmed with the innocence and courage, he stands, sure-footed, brown as a little raison, on the roof of his life flying kites. I see the joy ... the efflorescence in blue.

(efflorescence as ... noun. 1. the state or a period of flowering. 2. an example or result of growth and development: These works are the efflorescence of his genius.)

No comments: