The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pocket door ... First coat of super high gloss white ... This is a high traffic doorway, it'll need three coats. The hardware needs a little fix on the latch ... Can't wait to see it back on there with its new finish. This room has old bead board. I like it a lot. It was stained dark brown when we bought the house ... all the wood finishes were dark, making the entire house feel dark. painting them white was a tough decision but a good one. I don't know what color I will paint the walls. I like the sand color ... It was a light pearl gray before and that was also lovely.



This is an original electrical outlet ... the builders "stained" the plug faces when they stained the bead board. I bought new outlets for every plug in the house a few years ago ... Somehow this one got away from me. When I removed the plate to paint, the face of this broke off. Old brittle plastic. Fixed now. Looking good. I don't enjoy replacing them ... The screw driver slips around trying to ding my hand right there at the base of my thumb. I have another door working on the back porch. High humidity is slowing things down ... that's okay though, no hurry here. I was thinking about that kid standing on a rickety roof top. I like zoning out with ELO while I do this stuff.

No comments: