The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, February 17, 2012

to remember
"This constellation in the dark - grace, thanksgiving, joy - it might be like that - reaching for the stars. So hard. So hard." ~ Ann Voskamp
and "The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread." ~Mother Teresa



I remember ... I do remember.  I was trying to make something ... uh ... happen.  I was using all my sweetness and courage and ... strength.  But ... it didn't happen and it won't happen because it just can't.  Somethings are like that.  You have some inspired idea, but it just doesn't work.  So ... you stop trying, because trying is almost exactly like hurting yourself.  So ... I look at this photo and I do remember, and the memory tightens my throat and burns my eyes.  And ... I decide to look at the light.  I decided to look ... beyond.  And ... I want to forget the idea while I remember it won't work.

No comments: