The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, February 18, 2012

~ found image by coffee_break
"Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you. But if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder." Thoreau


It is time to turn my attention to other things.  I didn't realize this, but now I do.
What I was doing ...  I had a carrot out there moving me along. A prize for a job well done. Something I could earn ... I think I might do that, or try to do that in every area of my life. I hadn't been exactly paying attention to that. I know I do that, but I didn't realize the extent of it. I think I may need to look at that. Certainly many of the downsides to that which had gone unnoticed.
I think I can plan more joy in to our every days.  Ummm ... like a planned ahead really nice meal.  I do that at the beach ... that'd be so easy to do here.  Fancy up the table ... that sort of thing.  And maybe, with intention, I can dial back some of those things that zing my frayed nerves.  I can see now that I walk around those "holes" in my life telling myself to suckitup ... that relief or reward will be forth coming. I think that may be a little messed up. It has enabled me to move annoyances, misfortunes, griefs ... What ever one might can them and whatever magnitude they may be at (cause some are minor and some suck the air right out of me)  To move those things to a place where dealing with them can be postponed. It makes me vulnerable to accepting, maybe even pursuing, what/where I think a little special time may be found, and neglecting to just straighten out some of the poop.
It is about trade offs. I'm not sure about how to think about this. Everybody has stuff that drains them ... and places where they go to refill. I think I postpone refill too much. I think I may be able to create some "refill" in my home. That's what I'm saying.

Told my brother about the change of plans ... he said he would probably beat me to the beach now. He said he'd save me a place.  He was the best person for me to really talk to about some of this.  We are a lot alike and he said what I have been whispering to myself ... it makes sense, this is a good thing ... .

Thoreau has a lot of good things to say doesn't he?

No comments: