The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

found photo ... this is what I'm talking about.

My husband "got the word" yesterday ... It's not official yet, but, I think we can stick a fork in this one. He has accepted a position which will keep us here ... I'm gonna say indefinitely. This is a good thing. more everything for him and therefore, the entire family.

I had big plans to move to the beach and enjoy quasi-illegal modes of entertainment ... I could envision sunsets on the deck with adult beverages ... sailing ... long walks on the beach and days when I didn't even bother to brush my hair ... Figured with a big city across the bay and vacation homes stacked one on top of the other that I would find the absolute perfect little flying gig ... leaving time for Bloody Mary breakfasts at least occasionally. I had some serious visions of "vegging out"! ... Maybe working up a pool game that could consistently make my brother cry like a little sissy boy. Ummm ... Not so much it seems.

Yeah, I'm okay with it. It's not my turn ... I can wait. I might even spend this time formulating a better version of what might be. I hadn't set thebar very high ... yeah, this might be better.

Today is the beginning of a few excellent laidback days in the making ... Tonight, I get to pickup my new laptop. I am especially excited about that. Tomorrow, a spa day. From nine to five, and it may take that long for them to get my nails back in shape! Friday ... window shopping ... hanging with H and her little girl, probably in the hotel pool area ... such a luxury to swim in February.

I am thinking about what I want to do. Ummm ... not in the next few days or even weeks. Over the nest several years. My 24 year old thinks I should re join my gym, and the Jr. League. I'm trying to sort out exactly what it was about the beach fantasy that was so compelling. I've never actually been a sit on my backside kinda girl. I do especially like socializing ... making parties is one of my favorite things. I do a lot of planning for those beach trips ... Bet that's part of the pleasure for me, it feels like a party. I could actually do that right here. The fire pit is a perfect example of how right here could work. A fire outside has fun written all over it. I think this is an attitude thing which can be cultivated. Pretty sure.
And something like this for the back porch ... Because I like it.

I was also really really really looking forward to an awesome bathtub. I told my husband last night when he came home with the good news ... Okay, but this means we have to build a study in the back yard big enough for a pool table and all your books and stuff ... and ... I need my bathtub (so expect to shell out for a master bath re do).

I also need to be figuring out what can be done about my need for air. I miss the smell of airplanes. I miss the shadow falling away. I miss breaking through and finding what is offered on top. I need to figure that out. I need to figure out how to take care of that part of me ... it keeps me out of trouble.

The other thing is these little breaks to look forward to ... I think I need to have one in the planning stages at all times. A trip to Altanta with my camera ... V hasn't seen The Biltmore Estate ... need to short list that.

No comments: