The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

It does feel a bit like the life I thought I had planned or envisioned/worked for has flipped on its side.
I don't feel truly disquieted about that. Would say I feel mostly philosophical about it ... plans change, sometimes for the better. I like flexibility on road trips, leaving room for the serendipitous, and I think that's the only adventuring way to do life. While I definitely don't see myself as exactly going with the flow, I do understand that there are winds of chance and circumstance ... unknowns, unforseeables, unmanageables ... spice. Im having to "catch up" with myself on that idea though, because I am a person who plans ahead and ... laughing at myself because I really should have known better ... the winds aloft in my area seemed to favor here ... I was expecting this track to meander towards "X" and I'm seeing only signs of "Y". It's hard for me to not spend time looking for the missed reference points. To think one is on track for this and come up with that ... well ... it's happened like that in several areas lately and I have to wonder about my navigation skills ... how long have I been flashing 7500?

I am adapting. Accessing and adapting. It may be what I do best.

Yesterday, as I sanded, I concluded that in those areas where I get to choose how I act I have very few, almost no, regrets. That's really good. Fortunate. And in the areas that matter the most to me ... yeah, those five areas ... everything is a-o-k. Really fortunate.

This just came in ... Some momma's day just got hit by a car. It could have been all her days. Hopefully, this can be happily resolved by lunch.
... M's parents are out of town ... but older siblings have got this under control. I've already talked to big sister and M is fine ... being released a bit later today. That parking lot is a very scary place.
This text makes me smile, now that I know everything is fine. Four told me in the follow up texts that she got head "immobilized", then called her sister. Very capable kid. I like it. ... then, the silver lining ... parking another buddy's B while she talked withthe police. My girl likes luxury cars. The bone is a wonderful playdoh model for anatomy class. It didn't break. Every morning I send them out of here to what ever their day holds ... life is full of surprises.

So ... that certainly illustrates how the moments can get blown around and potentially change everything.

I am in the process of trying to "see" who (rather then where) I want to be (rather then do). I started thinking about this on the front burner the other day as I sat still watching the big guys settle their planes down ... and up. I'm thinking about this luxury of time I have and how I want to use it.

No comments: