The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, February 20, 2012

driftwood ... found photo ... I like it, for what I do not know
Today I worked all day.  I am trying to work as much as possible.  I really want to walk Sammy, but it's cold and a bit rainy here.  I like the driftwood heart ... the idea of picking up bits of stuff and turning it in to something good ... is good.  This looks like an outside thing.  well, I just like it.  I really wish completing projects didn't take so long!   I am still working on doors!  They really do look beautiful, and I am not bored with the sanding ... painting.  I take the door off and work on it on our back porch.  Sammy keeps me company.  I have thought of a million things to do out there ... after I finish painting inside the house.  I have a few little pieces to tweak inside too.  A chair to reupholster.  Still looking for the fabric. 
 The top fabric is my favorite for the wingback ... may do it in a linen that color, haven't decided about the texture on that big a piece.  I like quiet furniture.  I was looking for a very broad cabana stripe, but no one seems to have that.  H suggested I "paint" the stripe I want on some inexpensive drapes and I think that's what I'll do (den).  The fabric on the right is for the ottoman or coffee table piece.  The chartreuse in that is a color I like, and I'm thinking of painting something ... laundry room shelves maybe ... that color.  It's beautiful on glass and ceramic so I'm on the look out.  The dot ... dining room chairs, and the rest for throw pillows.  I needed to get a few fabrics in mind so the paint choices can be finalized.  I love fresh paint.  Now I wish I hadn't painted that chest of drawers in sea glass blue.  The color works with this palette, but ... I don't like it as much as I thought I would.  Love that fabric shop ... wow.

No comments: