The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, September 24, 2010



Evening day 2: It already seems like I've been here a long time. I have developed a sort of routine ... it was actually developed for me! I set the alarm for 6. If I wake up before that I read a little and make a quick note for you guys who are following. I shower and dress and repack the books I want to take with me to class, then I go downstairs for breakfast. The buffet is the usual hotel buffet fare - the grits were as good as Five's but the coffee was undrinkable! I hop in the car for the drive over nlt 7:30. I like the traffic. It's great to see everyone on their way. The airport is about 15 minutes away in traffic. We work pretty much straight through til 11:30. I put Mountain Dew in their refrigerator (and an apple!). I decided to permit myself unlimited Dew while I am here - some of the guys are sipping on those tiny caffeine bombs. I am thinking about trying one of those, but we start flying on Monday and I don't really want to be jacked up! There is an okay restaurant on the field - I eat there and watch the planes come and go. They have bizjets, small twins, helicopters, a yellow bi-plane ... pretty much all kinds of small singles. I haven't seen anyone waiting to depart, but the flow is pretty constant. They guys who I have lunch with are busy comparing notes and chest bumping. It's easy for me to just sit and relax ... I smile and nod every once in a while or I might say, "That's total Bullshit...", just so they know I'm listenning and holding up my end. Besides airplane stuff they like to talk about their trucks...factory lift...that sort of thing. It's almost like background music ... airport music, punctuated by the glee of climbing engines. We have an hour. Then back to the class room for more discussion/test prep. I am feeling good about that side of things. We are dismissed at a little after five. I prefer to come back and eat in the room. Today I took a hot bath with bubbles! Now I'm tapping this out and thinking about what I will work on tonight. The FAA written is my next event. I think I will do that on Sunday. When I get really tired I fall asleep with my books on the bed and my phone under my pillow (as usual). I miss my family, but I feel good about this opportunity. I am really hoping they will get a checkride set up for me before I head home! We'll just have to see how that goes because the FAA may want more notice to schedule me.

No comments: