The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, September 18, 2010

While I'm here ... one of the guys said he'd cover my class. I am getting everything (mostly myself) ready to go. My comfort zone has held me here to finish the certificate. Now the scales are leaning in a different direction. My only regret is that I had hoped to finish this with the instructor I want to work with. I felt that way working with one of the commercial instructor too - not the first and not the last ... hmmm ... first, favorite and last were all Navy guys ... seems like the Navy produces some pretty high end instructors. The instructor I work with now is in a class of his own. I've enjoyed and benefited from working with him. He's been pretty rough on me a few times and surprisingly sensitive, or intuitive may be the word, on occassion. I like to present a very consistent picture of myself ... some days the shadow of that silhouette might show a woman who is carrying way too much baggage ... somehow he can see that and he's said, "Whatever that is, you need to get that handled ... ." I like it that he doesn't try to get in my business. Well - all that to say, I am adjusting to the idea that I'll be working (and learning no doubt) from another instructor or more - idk. It's all good. On Monday I'll reserve my spot and make hotel arrangements. I'm a little nervous.

No comments: