The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Looking towards 096 degrees as I roll in to the parking lot each morning I am greeted by this spectacular sunrise.

Behind me the full moon is sighing a goodbye. We worked hard today - another full day of ground. I am impressed with the instructor. It's been very interesting to see a slightly different way of presenting some of the material. I always enjoy observing people who take pride and pleasure in their work - as this instructor does.
On a different note, I can't remember when my body has felt so tired. I thought I would walk around the mall some tonight, but now I am back in the room and can't imagine being tempted out ... the curtains are drawn and for all I know it's the middle off the night, or maybe even the next day. My watch tells me ... sleep first. Tomorrow we may fly. Tomorrow TS forecast. If we fly I want a good block of shut eye, if not I'd like to press on a bit. Weather is so screwy I can't take the chance of not being mentally sharp for the first look at the unfamiliar airspace. I flown in here before - IFR to drop off and pick up pax - why does this seem any different? Because I like positive control and don't quite get VFR in controlled AS? Because I like to worry?! No, that couldn't be it!
It's almost six o'clock local - nap time. That I do know!

This morning I skipped the hotel breakfast and rerouted for Starbucks stop. I get it.
The cutest little single cup coffee maker you've ever seen sits across the room. I stared at it bleary-eyed this morning from my bed ... the bed with my pillows and my duvet comforter ... the little feathered nest I have created away from home. I thought to double bag ... they provide two so ... why not? This is why not: Cutestlittlesinglecupcoffeemaker, like so many adorable little things, wants to have it her way ... and pitched a messy little fit (no room in the basket for excess grounds and water). It was then that I had the Starbucks epiphany ... Starbucks provides a consistent product - hot bold jolts. At home or out and about - doesn't matter. I know what to expect ... I won't be disappointed. This morning I reached for the cup with one hand while presenting the card with the other ... a perfect transaction to start the day! ... now for that nap.

No comments: